Research Technician, Genomics
Seeking a laboratory technician to help apply next-generation sequencing (NGS) tools to diverse biological samples.
Seattle-based Phase Genomics is seeking a molecular biologist or biochemist with expertise in next-generation sequencing library preparation methods. Our genome assembly and microbiome deconvolution platform combines cutting-edge lab techniques with innovative analysis software to give researchers the tools they need to make important scientific breakthroughs. The person in this position will work within a team of skilled researchers on the processing of biological samples for next-generation sequencing and aiding in the development of new molecular methods.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on experimentalist with experience working in a genome technology setting. In addition to wet-lab NGS expertise, candidates must have strong analytical skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and a working knowledge of NGS tools. Job responsibilities include sample processing, operation of sequencing equipment, product assembly, and assisting the research team with development efforts. You will be part of a highly skilled team where every member is given the opportunity to develop and execute within their area of responsibility and where we share the common goal of delivering world-class results.
- Execute and improve current genomic and metagenomic protocols.
- Validation and optimization of experimental design.
- Track project workflow and sample preparation details.
- Diligence, organization, and good hands.
- Data analysis and presentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A BS or MS degree (or equivalent level of experience) in genomics, molecular biology, or related discipline.
- Working knowledge of fundamental molecular biology principles and methods.
- Hands-on laboratory expertise with NGS tools, preferably in a research setting beyond coursework.
- Comfort working in an early-stage company, where ambiguity can be high, and teamwork is a must.
- Publication record preferred, but not required.
Email resumes/CVs to email@example.com